Turbo: Graffiti Alley in Cambridge

For how close it is, I don't get over to Cambridge enough. The other weekend I managed to cross the river to go to my friend's gig. In Central Square is this awesome alley covered from top to bottom in beautiful graffiti.




I tend to wear a lot of dark colors in the fall/winter, but I do love color in the world around me. I like the contrast of my dark outfit against the vibrant walls.

photo by Laura


Even the skylights in the covering are colored. Despite a bit of typical Boston rain, I stood to look at it all. So many people with so many different stories have made their marks on these walls.


The art is constantly changing which makes the alley that much more interesting. Here is a quick Snapchat photo (sorry for the filter - but it really makes the colors pop) from the first time I ran by this alley. I was in a hurry then, but I knew I'd be back.


Near the alley is the Out of the Blue Gallery. Not only is the art super interesting, there are often small concerts put on there. Also, an adorable and super friendly dog wanders throughout the gallery which makes your experience that much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment