Mainland - The Welcome Home Tour

Last month, my friend and I saw Mainland in concert for the second time. They opened for Mariana's Trench a couple months ago, and we've been in love with their music ever since. We jumped at the chance to see them again when they came back to Boston to open for Rooney.


Joey, Jordan, and Corey - 3/4 of Mainland


A self-proclaimed alternative band, their Spotify page perfectly describes them as "combining New York grit with Californian pop sensibilities." I jokingly say their music sounds as if it has a faded, nostalgic Instagram filter over it. You feel as though you should be wearing high-waisted shorts and a 70s-inspired top while drinking fancy coffees. Their songs are perfect for blasting during summer car rides with all the windows rolled down.





We saw Mainland, along with Attica Riots and Rooney (all three are great bands perfect for summer and dancing!), at the Middle East Downstairs in Cambridge. It's a great little venue that also has a restaurant and upstairs stage. I've been here multiple times for my friends' shows, and I've really grown to love it. It's GA, but if you're anywhere near the front you have a great view.

My friend and I managed to be right in the front row, meaning we danced our hearts out and got some pretty cool shots. They're a bit blurry (the audience and the bands never stopped moving!) and the lights were a bit crazy, but I think it made for some ~artsy~ photos. (Sarcasm, but I do like how they turned out!)


annoyed at that mic stand
Alex Pitta on bass
Alex again. If I had to pick a fav...it'd be him.
Jordan and Corey (Corey's guitar in the back is sick.)

1 comment:

  1. they sound like a great brand!

    www.modaodaradosti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete